- This event has passed.
Hope for Hoptown: Online Art Competition
April 28 - May 31Free
What gives you hope and inspiration during this historical time? Create work that is inspirational, encouraging, and appropriate for all ages. Free from profanity and negative interpretations of the theme to promote positivity and hope for our community during this difficult time through your preferred art form.
Jurors will award local gift cards to the top three entries in the following categories: written word, 2-Dimensional art, and original music. Honorable mentions will also be recognized for their work AND there will a public vote winner in each category so make sure you share the link to your entry with everyone!
Call for Entry Requirements:
- All participants must be 18 or older and live in the greater Hopkinsville area. Submissions must be new work, created from March 2020 on, that hasn’t been submitted to other competitions. Each participant may only submit one entry.
- Images of your work (photography, drawings, painting) must be submitted in the following format: JPG, 72dpi, no larger than 2000 pixels on the longest side.
- Audio files must be submitted in the following format: MP3 format and no longer than 3 minutes in length.
- Video files must be submitted in the following format: MOV or MP4 and no longer than 3 minutes.
- Written submissions must be in PDF format no more than 3 pages in length.
- Please save and submit your file as follows: Lastname_Firstname_TitleofWork.jpg Ex:Smith_Jane_Hopetown.jpg (or .mp3 or .pdf)
- You can submit your work using the URL below OR by posting to Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag: #hopeforhoptown.
- Competition entries may be submitted through May 31, 2020 and the winners will be announced online the week of June 15, 2020.
As of now, this competition is completely virtual BUT there may be an opportunity for entries to be showcased at the Alhambra Theatre! This depends completely on the regulations passed down over the course of the next few months in regards to reopening public venues. So keep this in mind when choosing what you’d like to submit. Participants will be updated if this option becomes viable.