- This event has passed.
August 17: Lights Out Festival Featuring The Woodstock Rock Orkestra
August 17, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 11:30 pm$25.00
ABOUT THE SHOW:
Get out your bell bottoms and tie-dye, and celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Woodstock Music Festival! The Woodstock Rock Orkestra will perform a spectacular three hour concert of iconic music that helped define a generation and forever changed the American music scene. Directed by Kentucky natives Mark Jones and Lee Carroll, and featuring standouts like Jonell Mosser and Hopkinsville’s own Chip Graham and Alonzo Pennington, the Woodstock Rock Orkestra and its dozen plus players will perform the crown jewels of the ‘69 festival along with other Woodstock era hits to deliver a gripping, unforgettable concert under the stars.
Enjoy favorites by:
Santana | Led Zeppelin | Creedence Clearwater Revival | The Who | Jefferson Airplane | Joe Cocker | Janis Joplin | The Beatles | Sly and the Family Stone | The Rolling Stones | Jimi Hendrix | Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young | and More!
Food trucks, camping, gift shop, tours and tastings will be available at this family friendly and one of a kind venue, just a few miles outside of Hopkinsville. Music starts at 2:30pm and concert starts at 7pm.
Special thanks to our lead sponsor, Budweiser of Hopkinsville! Beers available for the Lights Out Festival will include Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra, and BON&VIV Hard Seltzer from Anheuser-Busch. And Craft beers from the Sweet Water Brewery in Atlanta, Georgia and Kentucky’s own Country Boy Brewery!
ABOUT THE VENUE:
At Casey Jones Distillery, each batch of their moonshine is handcrafted in their prohibition-style copper still, using only the best part of the run. The result is a spirit so pure and smooth it just might sneak up on you. Located on just over 70 acres in beautiful Christian County, Kentucky, Casey Jones Distillery is a great place to spend the day. You can sip authentic Kentucky moonshine on the back porch, go for a walk around their piece of Kentucky countryside, or even snap a picture at the waterfall.
The gates open at 10:00am with warm up music starting on the back porch at 2:30pm before the 7:00pm show.
- General admission: $25.00 in advance/ $30.00 at the gate
- Kids (12 and under): $10.00
- (SOLD OUT) VIP (21+): $37.50: Experience the Lights Out Festival in an exclusive area with a VIP bar, tables and chairs. You can reserve a whole table for your group by purchasing 8 VIP tickets.
- Camping (1 Day): $10.00
Saturday night primitive camping at the Distillery. Each camper must have a ticket and be accompanied by an adult.
- Camping (2 Day):$20.00
Friday and Saturday nights primitive camping at the Distillery. Each camper must have a ticket and be accompanied by an adult.
10:00 AM: Let the day begin! Gates Open. Gift Shop Opens. Bar Opens. Tours start at the top of each hour 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
11:00 AM – 2:00 PM: Food Trucks open. Bar is open. Gift Shop is open. Tours going on.
2:30 PM – 5:00 PM: The Xtraordinary Gentlemen playing extraordinary music on the back porch getting you pre-tuned for the evening concert. Sound checks on the big concert stage are going on.
Bar is open. Gift Shop is open. Food Trucks serving. Last Tour at 3:00 PM.
6:30 PM: Announcements and information on big stage.
7:00 PM: The Woodstock Rock Orkestra’s concert starts.
9:00 PM: Intermission
9:30 PM: The Woodstock Rock Orkestra starts the second set of featuring British Invasion
11:00 PM – You are blown away by the concert and are heading home (or to your campsite). You have shared a remarkable day and supported the Pennyroyal Arts Council!
Not exactly a camper, but looking for a place to rest your boots? Distillery visitors can take advantage of a discounted stay at the nearby Comfort Suites in Hopkinsville. Learn more here.
WHAT WE SUGGEST YOU BRING:
- Bug spray, sunscreen (lots of it), a hat for shade (or buy one in Casey Jones Gift Shop), sunglasses, lantern / flashlight / headlamp
- Smokers – take care of your BUTTS. We have designated smoking areas. If you do break that rule, bring an ashtray! Every butt you throw on the ground someone has to pick up!
- Folding Chair and/or Blanket (for sitting)
- All age people – everyone will love this musical event!
- Happy Attitude – this will be lots of fun!
FESTIVAL GROUND PROHIBITED ITEMS
These items are not allowed under any circumstances (Remember, we search every vehicle):
- Bad Attitudes (Positive vibes only!)
- Illegal substances, Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Alcohol, or any type of liquid beverage or refreshment
- Compressed Gas Cylinders (CO2, Propane, etc.)
- Laser pointers and air horns, Fireworks, lasers
- Glass, cans, cups, or coolers
- Outside food or beverages (including alcohol and candy)
- Weapons of any kind (includes pocketknives, pepper spray, firearms, etc.)
- Professional photo, video, audio recording equipment, drones (no detachable lenses, tripods, big zooms, or commercial-use rigs) – only allowed with prior authorization, so if you are bringing this kind of stuff, get in touch by 8/10/19 and get the paperwork.