The Pennyroyal Arts Council’s board of directors, staff and volunteers acknowledge that health and safety are a significant factor in striving to accomplish our meaningful mission. Nothing is more important to us than the health and safety of our patrons, visitors and artists.
We continue to monitor the outbreak of COVID-19 and are working closely with the Centers for Disease Control and local health and government officials for additional precautionary measures. We take seriously our responsibility as a historic landmark venue that serves the community and have implemented increased cleaning, disinfecting and safety protocols at the theatre.
In addition to the Healthy at Work requirements, the Alhambra Theatre is meeting the following requirements below to reopen and remain open:
- Limiting the number of patrons present to 33% of the occupational capacity of the facility.
- Minimizing the use of waiting areas by selling tickets online and instructing patrons to arrive at the start time on their pre-purchased ticket.
- Scanning electronic or bar coded tickets in a way that protects the patron and staff.
- Assigning theater seats, to the greatest extent practicable, in order to arrange appropriate social distance theater seating.
- Ensuring staff and volunteers utilize proper social distancing while preparing and serving concessions, to the greatest extent possible.
Cleaning and Disinfecting:
- Ensuring that adequate supplies of soap and/or sanitizer are readily available to staff and patrons in multiple, easily accessible sanitation locations.
- Ensuring cleaning and sanitation of frequently touched equipment, tools, objects, and surfaces with appropriate disinfectants.
As much as we care about creating memorable experiences for our patrons, we care even more about supporting the city of Hopkinsville and Christian county’s efforts to maintain a safe environment during these trying times. Thank you for your support and understanding. We look forward to seeing you soon.