- You must be in your seat for the play to start on time.
- The lights in the theater will dim as a signal that the play is about to start.
Be quiet during the play
- Do not talk.
- Do not unwrap candy.
- Do not make noise.
- You have a responsibility in live performance to the performers and to the rest of the audience.
Silence your electronics
- Make sure these items are turned off or set on ‘silent’ during the show:
- cell phones
Stay in your seat
- Audience members must stay seated during the performance.
- Audience members may stand only for an emergency.
- If you absolutely must leave, do so at a break or during applause.
- You should only re-enter the theatre at a break.
No recording or photos!
- Recording is NOT ALLOWED. This includes all photography, video or audio recordings.
- Such recording is illegal as well as annoying!
- If the play is very long, there will be an intermission, or short break, in the middle.
- You may stand and talk during intermission.
- Bathrooms can be very crowded, so take the shortest break possible.
- You must be back in your seat before intermission ends and the play resumes.
- Wait patiently at the ticket booth, the exit, the restroom, etc.
- Intermission time is limited—be quick.
Observe ALL rules
- Theatre rules are for the safety and well-being of the audience and the performers.
- Respect ALL rules and policies!
After the performance
- If you think the play was good, applaud enthusiastically.
- If you think a performance was truly outstanding, stand and applaud loudly (“standing ovation”).
- If you did not like it, sit quietly in your seat until you can leave.