Share your favorite recipes in our new cookbook, Let Us Entertain You presented by the Pennyroyal Arts Council! The cookbook will include recipes for appetizers and cocktails, breakfast and brunch, salads, vegetables and sides, main courses, soups and stews, breads and desserts with theatre theming and entertaining tips. It will also contain a Kids Section named the Children’s Playhouse, which will feature recipes from kids submissions.
The community is encouraged to submit three to five of your favorite recipes so you can be represented in our cookbook. Multiple recipes from residents will ensure this project is a success. Submit online by following the instructions below or you may submit hardcopies at the drop-box outside of the Alhambra Theatre at 507 South Main Street.
THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT IS SEPTEMBER 1, 2020.
To Submit Recipes Online:
- Add your information in the ONLINE FORM.
- Enter your information and press ‘SUBMIT’.
- Submit a new form for each recipe.
1 lb. hot sausage
1 lb. mild sausage
2 eggs, slightly beaten
2/3 c. Pepperidge Farms herb stuffing
1 T. onion powder
Mix together sausage, eggs, herb stuffing and onion powder. Form into balls. Brown over medium heat on all sides. Drain meatballs.
1 c. ketchup
1 c. chili sauce
4 T. soy sauce
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. vinegar
2 c. water
In a Dutch oven combine ketchup, chili sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and water. Bring to a boil; then reduce heat. Add cooked meatballs and simmer 1 hour. Freezes well. Easily doubles.
Recipe Writing Tips:
- When adding recipes, use standard abbreviations.
- Only enter 1 ingredient per ingredient line.
- List ingredients in order of use in the ingredients list and directions.
- Include container sizes, e.g., (16-oz.) pkg., (24-oz.) can.
- Write directions in paragraph form, not in steps.
- Use names of ingredients in the directions, e.g., “Combine flour and sugar.” DO NOT use statements like, “Combine first three ingredients.”
- Include temperatures and cooking, chilling, baking, and/or freezing times.
- Additional comments about the recipe (history, nutritional data, suggested uses, etc.) are not allowed unless a “Recipe Note” field is visible. Enter extra recipe content in that field.
Pre-Order Your Copy:
Pre-order your copy by completing the form HERE and indicate the number of cookbooks you will be purchasing. Cookbooks will be available for $25 not including shipping.
Proceeds from the sale of the cookbook will be used to support the arts and cultural activities brought to Christian County by the Pennyroyal Arts Council.